Hi, My name is Kelly Anderson. I started teaching mat Pilates in 2007 and completed a 600 Hour Pilates Comprehensive Certification in 2015 through Power Pilates, N.Y. I love teaching because I love to help people improve their bodies and be a part in them feeling good about themselves. I would love for you to be a part of my class.
Pilates is a philosophy of exercising based on the principles created by Joseph Pilates. These principles focus on the idea that the core of the body should be stable and strong before the rest of the body is strengthened. Participants perform exercises in a seamless fashion to create an energized, pain-free, balanced and strong body.
In this class, we focus on the 6 Principles of Pilates:
1. Centering/ Stabilization- Understanding the importance of moving from a stable source. This can be physical, but there are also mental and breathing components.
2. Control – Learning to control one’s movements while paying full attention to detail in technique.
3. Concentration – It is better to do one repetition correctly than many without.
4. Flow/ Efficiency of Movement – Learning to move with ease through each exercise.
5. Breath – Learning to breathe along with the flow of movement and to facilitate core support. The breath can also be used for both energizing the body as well as relaxation.
6. Precision – focusing on details and practicing a keen awareness for optimal alignment of the body as a whole.
In this class, we also work on:
1. Strengthening the entire body
6. Most Important – Having Fun!
What You Need:
1. Your own mat (optional)
2. Towel (optional)
4. 2-3 lb weights
5. 5 – 10 lb weights
Drop in Rate of $15
All Experience Levels Are Welcome!